Wednesday, October 24, 2007

RBBC e-update for Tuesday, October 23

A Message from Pastor Dan Maxton:

Dear Immediate and Extended Church Family of RBBC,

The 60 mph Santa Ana winds had been howling all night! I was awakened by the phone ringing at 4:30 AM on Monday, "Get ready to evacuate! The fire is coming!" Sharon was in Argentina so I was alone. I scrambled to grab important documents, family pictures and a change of clothes. I crossed the bridge over I-15 to see if the church facility was alright only to be turned back by a shower of sparks that swept across the road. I felt a little panicked as I joined the long line of cars heading south on I-15 out of Rancho Bernardo. I've heard similar stories of escape. I thought of these words of comfort, "When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel your Savior" - Isaiah 43:2b-3 (NIV)

Our hearts are filled with love and concern for each of you! We are praying for you and our communities in southern California during these fire storms. We have many RBBC-ers who are eager and willing to help if you need support of any kind!

Regular online updates: We will try to keep you updated about our church family and community through email and on our website at www.rbbaptist.org. Please forward or download these messages to those who are wanting to stay connected.

Walking through the Fire with you,
Dan Maxton, Lead Pastor
Rancho Bernardo Baptist Church

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very matured view I found from the owner. Thank you for giving such a nice article with a lot of information. Thank you again for the given e-mail ids, I think they would help us out if needed. Isn’t it?