Friday, October 26, 2007

RBBC e-update for Friday, October 26, 2007

A Message from Pastor Dan Maxton

Dear Friends and Church Family,

I woke up this morning to the sound of helicopters flying over Rancho Bernardo. The smell of smoke was still in the air but the sun was shinning yellow now, not orange. The evacuation of the Westwood area was lifted at 12:35 PM allowing us to return to our church facility. Within minutes, we had put our makeshift banner over our church sign reading, "Free water, snacks, photocopying." We're putting together a relief station. I did two newspaper interviews over the phone and Tim Nellis, our student ministries pastor, delivered a great TV interview with CBN. Look for him on the 700 club!

I met and thanked the four firemen who saved our church facility from the fire: William Chamberlain, Robert Garcia, Robert Macy and Jorge Ybarra. I shook their hands and called them my heroes. We owe a lot to them and all our policemen and firemen who are saving our homes and communities.

I read this verse and smiled, "Because he loves me," says the Lord. "I will rescue him, I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." - Psalm 92:14.

Most everyone has now returned to their homes. The generosity of people in our community is great. Please contact us if we can help you!

Walking through the Fire with you,

Dan Maxton, Lead Pastor
Rancho Bernardo Baptist Church

No comments: